We are looking for our next recruit. Come over to the purple side.
Are you the person we have been looking for?
Seeking our new Apprentice production and signage operative to join
our team as soon as possible.
Do you like the idea of working with state-of-the-art technology and seeing your handy work at large around Sussex and beyond. Are you the kind of person who likes to make things with your own two hands and when you do a job, like to do it well
|Job Title:||Apprentice Production and Signage Operative|
|Location:||Golden Cross, East Sussex (Near Lewes)|
|Hours||Full Time 37.5 hrs, 5 days a week (9am-5pm)(½ hour, unpaid lunch)|
About the company / role
We are a leading Signage and Large Format Print company based in Golden Cross, Sussex.
We offer a full turn-key solution surrounding Print & Signage.
Our in-house design team work on all types of projects from Branding, Print, Website Design & Build, Email Marketing, POS and Exhibitions.
We also have in-house Printing, Production, Finishing and Installation Teams.
These benefits ensure that we have control over turnaround and quality for our customers.
We work with big Brands and SME’s alike, no job is too big or too small.
Our passion is Signage, Exhibitions and POS. A recent investment in state-of-the-art Large Format Printing and CNC equipment has seen Beautiful launch an exciting new special projects service. As a result, exciting times lie ahead for the company as we are fast becoming the go-to partner for designers and agencies wanting to produce truly bespoke display solutions in a wide range of exciting materials and finishes.
We are currently looking for a new Signage Production / Print Apprentice to join our existing production team, to carry out the manufacturing of all projects. Previous Appendices have moved onto to explore other roles within the company, and several have been nominated for Apprentice of the Year, competing against apprentices across the whole of the UK. Please note that Beautiful are equal opportunity employers, and no roles have a gender biased.
Working alongside East Sussex College you will have a structure learning programme and assessor to support you through to the completion of your apprenticeship. In addition, you will have a structure learning and development plan and informal end-of-week catch-ups with the Office Manager – to ensure you are on-track with your learning and are supported in your new role.
The position would suit someone who has an interest in design and print production and can demonstrate transferable skills. The role is a physical and at times will involve some lifting, the use of power tools and working at height. All training will be given.
Please note only candidates who have the right to work in the UK will be considered.
Principal responsibilities / knowledge / experience
Working closely with your production colleagues you will:
- Liaise with the Office Manager in person and through our CRM to formulate objectives and understand requirements of varied Sign, Print and Display projects.
- Organise workflow to meet specifications and deadlines.
- Monitor production to resolve issues, including follow Quality Control protocol.
- Reporting on key production metrics for Cost Control.
- Maintain workshop equipment.
- Adhere to health and safety precautions.
- Travel to, and assist with installations.
- Act as brand ambassador at all times.
- Work at height.
- Be available to work occasional weekends and evening over-time. (Some international travel may also be required).
What you will learn:
- The use of Large Format – InkJet, Latex and UV Printers.
- Running of Rip Software (Caldera and Asanti).
- Cutting vinyl, weeding and mounting of vinyl graphics.
- Use of CNC, Laminators and other finishing equipment.
- How to create cut/print files.
- Experience installing Signage and Vinyl.
- Workflow management, communication and teamwork.
Desired skills/ traits:
- Attention to detail.
- Customer-facing experience, pleasant professional manner.
- Full Driving Licence & car (or willingness to commute by bus)
- Proactive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Design experience us of Adobe CC a bonus.
Hours of work and location
The role will initially be ideally 9am-5pm ( ½ hour unpaid lunch) 5 days a week based from
How to apply
If you require more information on the role please email the Office Manager at email@example.com
Applications for all Apprentice positions need to be made through the Gov.uk website and College.
Please note: The listing is under our previous company name Bea-utiful Design and Print, as we are in the process of updating our registration details.
Deadline for applications – there is no deadline for applications. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and interviews arranged for successful candidates.
The small print bit - Protecting your data and rights
- Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully.
- Personal data shall be obtained only for candidate registration purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that.
- Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
- Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Personal data processed for candidate registration shall not be kept for longer than is necessary.
- Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects.
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
Purposes for which Personal Data may be held
Personal data relating to employees may be collected primarily for the purposes of:
- Recruitment, promotion, training, redeployment and/or career development;
- Administration and payment of wages;
- Calculation of certain benefits including pensions;
- Disciplinary or performance management purposes;
- Performance review;
- Recording of communication with employees and their representatives;
- Compliance with legislation;
- Provision of references to financial institutions, to facilitate entry onto educational courses and/or to assist future potential employers; and
- Staffing levels and career planning.
Simply Beautiful Print considers that the following personal data falls within the categories set out above:
- Personal details including name, address, age, status and qualifications. Where specific monitoring systems are in place, ethnic origin and nationality will also be deemed as relevant;
- References and CVs;
- Emergency contact details;
- Notes on discussions between management and the employee;
- Appraisals and documents relating to grievance, discipline, promotion, demotion or termination of employment;
- Training records;
- Salary, benefits and bank/building society details; and
- Absence and sickness information.
Simply Beautiful Print will review the nature of the information being collected and held on an annual basis to ensure there is a sound business reason for requiring the information to be retained.
Sensitive Personal Data
Sensitive personal data includes information relating to the following matters:
- The employee’s racial or ethnic origin;
- His or her political opinions;
- His or her religious or similar beliefs;
- His or her trade union membership;
- His or her physical or mental health or condition;
- His or her sex life; or
- The commission or alleged commission of any offence by the employee.
To hold sensitive personal data, the Company must additionally satisfy a sensitive data condition. The most appropriate condition for employment purposes is that the processing is necessary to enable Simply Beautiful Print to meet its legal obligations (for example, to ensure health and safety or to avoid unlawful discrimination).
Responsibility for the Processing of Personal Data
Aimee Davies is the Data Controller responsible for ensuring all personal data is controlled in compliance with GDPR May 2018.
Employees who have access to personal data must comply with the companys Policy and adhere to the procedures laid down by the Data Controller. Failure to comply with the Policy and procedures may result in disciplinary action up to and including summary dismissal.
Use of Personal Data
To ensure compliance GDPR and in the interests of privacy, employee confidence and good employee relations, the disclosure and use of information held by the Company is governed by the following conditions:
- Personal data must only be used for one or more of the purposes specified in this Policy;
- Company documents may only be used in accordance with the statement within each document stating its intended use; and
- Provided that the identification of individual employees is not disclosed, aggregate or statistical information may be used to respond to any legitimate internal or external requests for data (e.g., surveys, staffing level figures); and
- Personal data must not be disclosed, either within or outside the Company, to any unauthorised recipient.
Personal Data Held for Equal Opportunities Monitoring Purposes
Where personal data obtained about candidates is to be held for the purpose of equal opportunities monitoring, all such data must be made anonymous.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Personal data may only be disclosed outside the Company with the employee’s written consent, unless disclosure is required by law or where there is an immediate danger to the employee’s health.
Accuracy of Personal Data
The Company will review personal data regularly to ensure that it is accurate, relevant and up to date.
In order to ensure Simply Beautiful Print’s files are accurate and up to date, and so that Simply Beautiful Print is able to contact the employee or, in the case of an emergency, another designated person, employees must notify the Company as soon as possible of any change in their personal details (e.g., change of name, address; telephone number; loss of driving licence where relevant; next of kin details, etc).
Personnel update forms will be issued to all employees on an annual basis for the purposes of ensuring the data is up to date and accurate. Employees will be entitled to amend any incorrect details and these corrections will be made to all files held on Simply Beautiful Print’s information systems. In some cases, documentary evidence, e.g., qualification certificates, will be requested before any changes are made. Once completed, these records will be stored in the employee’s personnel file.
Access to Personal Data (“Subject Access Requests”)
Candidates and employees have the right to access personal data held about them. Simply Beautiful Print will arrange for you to see or hear all personal data held about you within 40 days of receipt of a written request. As is the maximum allowed by law, an administration charge of £10 may apply.
A full copy of the company’s GDPR policy can be found in the footer menu on every page of the website. This outlines the security measures that we take to protect your data.