We are looking for our next recruit. Come over to the purple side.
Are you the person we have been looking for?
Seeking a Designer/ Trainee Marketing Assistant to help
make the world a more Beautiful place
Do you like the idea of a creative role where you can step back and see the results of your work unfold in front of your eyes, both in print and online? Does the idea of designing a flyer or sign for a customer one moment and then creating content for our blog the next sound appealing? Would you like to help raise our profile online and spread the joy of Beautiful print to more people? Perhaps bi-monthly team socials, birthday lie-ins and staff sales commission sound like the kind of company you might like to work for?
If the answer to those questions is yes, and if you are a tidy, meticulous designer who is confident when it comes to using social media – then we would love to hear from you.
|Job Title:||Beautiful Communications (Design / Trainee Marketing Assistant)|
|Location:||Golden Cross, East Sussex (Near Lewes)|
8.00-17.00 (½ hour unpaid lunch)
|Salary:||£ Junior to Mid Level|
About the company / role
Simply Beautiful Print supply a wide range of print services including Promotional Print, Signage and Large Format Printing into a variation of Commercial, Industrial, SME and Bluechip organisations.
The role will see you working as part of a small design team, taking briefs from our customers and designing everything from flyers, signs and vehicle graphics before seeing them make their way into production. At times you may be required to tidy up or redraw a customer’s logo or be involved in a complete rebrand project, therefore proficiency in Adobe Illustrator is a given. You will have a keen eye for detail and will need to ensure everything that is designed meets our Beautiful standards. Beautiful is becoming renowned as large format print specialist and exhibition graphics are a growing market for the company. You will therefore also be tasked with learning about exhibition stand design and pre-press, so that you can increasingly support the projects team.
It is an exciting time for the company and you will also play a vital part in helping raise the company’s profile online. Primarily you will champion the growth of the company’s project image library and ensure that Beautiful are regularly showcasing the breadth and quality of the work they produce to its target audiences. You will also assist with the creation of blog and social content, and the company’s new seasonal e-newsletters, therefore a flair for writing engaging copy is a bonus. Although your focus will be centred around the creation of content you will also assist with the rolling out and monitoring of online campaigns to ensure that the company focusses its resources on activities that are providing real Return on Investment. The role will be under the training and direction of the Office Manager, and you will have the opportunity to both influence and action the company’s ongoing marketing and content strategy.
Ideally, you will have a minimum of 1-2 years studio experience and be able to hit the ground running when it comes to designing for print. If you have already established an online presence and have a proven track record in creating engaging content and posted content across multiple channels, it would be a bonus. So too would be an interest in exhibition design, even better some experience.
You must have excellent command of the English language and good attention to detail. You will be hardworking, hungry for success and looking to join a rapidly growing team. The role is starting as at an assistant level with training provide. However, our company is rapidly expanding and for the right candidate there could be the opportunity for the role to grow and develop.
Please note that an office-based member of the team you will be required to answer the phone and meet and greet visitors, and so a tidy and presentable appearance is required at all time. A uniform will be provided. Only candidates who have relevant experience and the right to work in the UK will be considered.
Principal responsibilities / knowledge / experience
Graphic Design Responsibilties
- Taking calls from current clients, potential clients and suppliers, recording their details and the topic of conversation and actioning or passing on the information.
- Taking briefs from customers and effectively and accurately presenting and specifying the company’s products and services.
- Visual identity and logo design. Occasionally you may also be required to redraw client logos into vectors.
- Setting up and designing for print and signage, including business cards, flyers, roller banners, branded clothing and vehicle graphics. Managing workflow from quotation to delivery, including design proofs follow-up emails and artwork sign off in a timely manner and checking and preparing print ready artwork.
- Design of working drawings for exhibition stands and the accurate setting up of artwork for print. This will involve establishing an extensive knowledge of exhibition design and pre-press, and active communication with all key stakeholder – agency, stand builder and in some cases the end user to manage expectations and mitigate installation issues on the day of build.
- Updating and managing our CRM (Customer Relationship Management) to ensure it is accurate at all times.
- Skinning wireframes and designing digital assets for websites, e-newsletters and social media. Knowledge of UX and coding an advantage.
- Greeting visitors
- Adhering to the company’s data protection policy and respecting non-disclosure agreements and client confidentiality
Marketing Communications Responsibilties
- Assisting with the delivery of the company’s annual content and campaign schedule, including the creation of written and designed content for Beautiful’s catalogues, website, blog, newsletter and social channels.
- Ensuring that the company’s visual identity and brand guidelines are adhered to.
- Daily Management of Beautiful’s social media channels to ensure timely replies to posts and
subscribers, in order to safeguard the reputation of the company and increase online engagement.
- Obtain Testimonials & Google reviews.
- Active management of the company’s project image library to ensure that Beautiful are able to
demonstrate the full breadth and quality of their work.
- Assisting the Office Manager in the development and delivery of the company’s Sales and
- Monitoring of Beautiful’s budget spend and reporting on the performance of campaigns across all
- Assisting with the planning and delivery of external and internal workshops and events as
Hours of work and location
The role will is 8am-5pm Monday to Friday ( ½ hour unpaid lunch), based from our office in Golden Cross. The office is located in a rural setting, 15 minutes outside of Lewes and therefore own transport is essential.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for or require more information on the role please email the Office Manager at email@example.com
To apply, please include the following in your email:
- Covering letter – tell us what you would bring to the role that no one else would
- Your availability
- Salary expectations
- CV – no more than 2 pages please
- Your print/design portfolio or link to one
Deadline for applications – there is no deadline for applications. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and interviews arranged for successful candidates.
The small print bit - Protecting your data and rights
- Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully.
- Personal data shall be obtained only for candidate registration purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that.
- Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
- Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Personal data processed for candidate registration shall not be kept for longer than is necessary.
- Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects.
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
Purposes for which Personal Data may be held
Personal data relating to employees may be collected primarily for the purposes of:
- Recruitment, promotion, training, redeployment and/or career development;
- Administration and payment of wages;
- Calculation of certain benefits including pensions;
- Disciplinary or performance management purposes;
- Performance review;
- Recording of communication with employees and their representatives;
- Compliance with legislation;
- Provision of references to financial institutions, to facilitate entry onto educational courses and/or to assist future potential employers; and
- Staffing levels and career planning.
Simply Beautiful Print considers that the following personal data falls within the categories set out above:
- Personal details including name, address, age, status and qualifications. Where specific monitoring systems are in place, ethnic origin and nationality will also be deemed as relevant;
- References and CVs;
- Emergency contact details;
- Notes on discussions between management and the employee;
- Appraisals and documents relating to grievance, discipline, promotion, demotion or termination of employment;
- Training records;
- Salary, benefits and bank/building society details; and
- Absence and sickness information.
Simply Beautiful Print will review the nature of the information being collected and held on an annual basis to ensure there is a sound business reason for requiring the information to be retained.
Sensitive Personal Data
Sensitive personal data includes information relating to the following matters:
- The employee’s racial or ethnic origin;
- His or her political opinions;
- His or her religious or similar beliefs;
- His or her trade union membership;
- His or her physical or mental health or condition;
- His or her sex life; or
- The commission or alleged commission of any offence by the employee.
To hold sensitive personal data, the Company must additionally satisfy a sensitive data condition. The most appropriate condition for employment purposes is that the processing is necessary to enable Simply Beautiful Print to meet its legal obligations (for example, to ensure health and safety or to avoid unlawful discrimination).
Responsibility for the Processing of Personal Data
Aimee Davies is the Data Controller responsible for ensuring all personal data is controlled in compliance with GDPR May 2018.
Employees who have access to personal data must comply with the companys Policy and adhere to the procedures laid down by the Data Controller. Failure to comply with the Policy and procedures may result in disciplinary action up to and including summary dismissal.
Use of Personal Data
To ensure compliance GDPR and in the interests of privacy, employee confidence and good employee relations, the disclosure and use of information held by the Company is governed by the following conditions:
- Personal data must only be used for one or more of the purposes specified in this Policy;
- Company documents may only be used in accordance with the statement within each document stating its intended use; and
- Provided that the identification of individual employees is not disclosed, aggregate or statistical information may be used to respond to any legitimate internal or external requests for data (e.g., surveys, staffing level figures); and
- Personal data must not be disclosed, either within or outside the Company, to any unauthorised recipient.
Personal Data Held for Equal Opportunities Monitoring Purposes
Where personal data obtained about candidates is to be held for the purpose of equal opportunities monitoring, all such data must be made anonymous.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Personal data may only be disclosed outside the Company with the employee’s written consent, unless disclosure is required by law or where there is an immediate danger to the employee’s health.
Accuracy of Personal Data
The Company will review personal data regularly to ensure that it is accurate, relevant and up to date.
In order to ensure Simply Beautiful Print’s files are accurate and up to date, and so that Simply Beautiful Print is able to contact the employee or, in the case of an emergency, another designated person, employees must notify the Company as soon as possible of any change in their personal details (e.g., change of name, address; telephone number; loss of driving licence where relevant; next of kin details, etc).
Personnel update forms will be issued to all employees on an annual basis for the purposes of ensuring the data is up to date and accurate. Employees will be entitled to amend any incorrect details and these corrections will be made to all files held on Simply Beautiful Print’s information systems. In some cases, documentary evidence, e.g., qualification certificates, will be requested before any changes are made. Once completed, these records will be stored in the employee’s personnel file.
Access to Personal Data (“Subject Access Requests”)
Candidates and employees have the right to access personal data held about them. Simply Beautiful Print will arrange for you to see or hear all personal data held about you within 40 days of receipt of a written request. As is the maximum allowed by law, an administration charge of £10 may apply.
A full copy of the company’s GDPR policy can be found in the footer menu on every page of the website. This outlines the security measures that we take to protect your data.