Simply Beautiful Print is a company registered in England and Wales.
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Simply Beautiful Print, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. Simply Beautiful Print is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies whether you use our services, or go online, provides you with information about.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Simply Beautiful Print uses your personal data:
– for legitimate business reasons to provide goods and services to you;
– to make a tailored website available to you;
– to verify your identity;
– for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
– with your implicit agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
– for market research purposes – to better understand your needs;
– to enable Simply Beautiful Print to manage customer service interactions with you through
– to manage any registered customer account(s) that you hold with us on our CRM system (Customer Relationship Management) and accounting software.
Simply Beautiful Print Promotional Communications
Simply Beautiful Print uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your explicit consent).
Simply Beautiful Print aims to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
- making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails
- contacting Simply Beautiful Print via the contact channels set out in this Policy.
When you contact Simply Beautiful Print, by phone, email or online form you will be set up with a customer account on our CRM. The CRM enables the team at Beautiful to work together and process your enquiries efficiently. If an enquiry is made through one of our online contact forms, cookies on the website may associate your IP address with your contact details in our CRM. This enables data to be collected directly from about your browsing activity on the Simply beautiful Print Website and your responses to marketing communications. The results of this analysis, together with other demographic data, allows us to ensure that you are contacted with information on products and offers that are personalised and most relevant to you. Beautiful is in the process of working with its CRM provider to provide the optional facility to disable these cookies. In the meantime, if you do not wish this data to be collected please make your enquiries by phone or email.
Sharing data with third parties
– Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers.
Simply Beautiful Print only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to Simply Beautiful Print and to you, and for no other purposes.
– Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, Simply Beautiful Print will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
– credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments;
– governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: –
– to comply with our legal obligations;
– to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
– for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
– for the protection of our employees and customers.
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for Simply Beautiful Print to share your data outside of the European Economic Area. This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA. These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws.
If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. Our standard practice is to use ‘standard data protection clauses’ which have been approved by the European Commission for such transfers.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Legally, different retention periods apply for different types of data. The longest we will normally hold any personal data, once any legitimate business activity has stopped, is 6 years.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
– your name and gender;
– your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
– purchases and orders made by you;
– your online browsing activities on the Simply Beautiful Print website;
– your password(s);
– when you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
– your communication and marketing preferences;
– your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
– your location;
– your correspondence and communications with Simply Beautiful Print; and
– other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an online account on our websites, or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example, your browsing or purchasing activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Simply Beautiful Print is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: –
– encryption of data;
– regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
– regular scenario planning and crisis management exercises to ensure we are ready to respond to cyber security attacks and data security incidents;
– penetration testing of systems;
– security controls which protect the entire Simply Beautiful Print IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
– internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP PROTECT YOUR DATA
Simply Beautiful Print will take card payments requests from you over the phone. Details are entered directly into a Merchant Services payment portal and will never be noted or stored. Simply Beautiful Print will never call you to ask you to confirm credit card details over the phone. If you receive a call claiming to be from Simply Beautiful Print asking you to do so, please do not respond.
– the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently £10);
– the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
– (as set out above) the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details at the bottom of this page.
LEGAL BASIS FOR COLLECTING DATA
Simply Beautiful Print collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
– the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
– the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
– complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Simply Beautiful Print, including:-
– selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
– protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
– promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
– sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers, and explicitly consented to do so
– understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
– improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
– complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
– preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
– handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
– managing insurance claims by customers;
– protecting Simply Beautiful Print, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Simply Beautiful Print;
– effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Simply Beautiful Print; and
– fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
All of these web pages use “cookies”. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we place on your computer or mobile device if you agree. These cookies allow it to distinguish you from other users of the website, which helps provide you with a good experience when you browse the website and provide Simply Beautiful Print data about how the site is used, to improve its design and your experience.
Types of cookies used
The following types of cookies are used:
Strictly necessary cookies – these are essential in to enable you to move around the websites and use their features. Without these cookies the services you have asked for, such as leaving a comment clicking through a slideshow, cannot be provided.
Performance cookies – these cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance, which pages visitors go to most often. This information is used to improve a website and to investigate any browsing problems raised by visitors. These cookies may collect information that identifies a visitor.
Functionality cookies – these cookies allow the website to remember choices you make and provide more personal features. For instance, a functional cookie can be used to remember the volume level you prefer to use when watching videos on a website. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Specific cookies used on this site
– phone us on: 0344 264 1235
– e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.
Date: May 2018
RECRUITMENT & EMPLOYMENT PRIVACY NOTICE
In order to comply with the GDPR, Simply Beautiful Print Ltd. will process candidate’s and employee’s personal data in accordance with the data protection principles, namely:
- Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully.
- Personal data shall be obtained only for candidate registration purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that.
- Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
- Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Personal data processed for candidate registration shall not be kept for longer than is necessary.
- Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects.
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
Purposes for which Personal Data may be held
Personal data relating to employees may be collected primarily for the purposes of:
- Recruitment, promotion, training, redeployment and/or career development;
- Administration and payment of wages;
- Calculation of certain benefits including pensions;
- Disciplinary or performance management purposes;
- Performance review;
- Recording of communication with employees and their representatives;
- Compliance with legislation;
- Provision of references to financial institutions, to facilitate entry onto educational courses and/or to assist future potential employers; and
- Staffing levels and career planning.
Simply Beautiful Print considers that the following personal data falls within the categories set out above:
- Personal details including name, address, age, status and qualifications. Where specific monitoring systems are in place, ethnic origin and nationality will also be deemed as relevant;
- References and CVs;
- Emergency contact details;
- Notes on discussions between management and the employee;
- Appraisals and documents relating to grievance, discipline, promotion, demotion or termination of employment;
- Training records;
- Salary, benefits and bank/building society details; and
- Absence and sickness information.
Simply Beautiful Print will review the nature of the information being collected and held on an annual basis to ensure there is a sound business reason for requiring the information to be retained.
Sensitive Personal Data
Sensitive personal data includes information relating to the following matters:
- The employee’s racial or ethnic origin;
- His or her political opinions;
- His or her religious or similar beliefs;
- His or her trade union membership;
- His or her physical or mental health or condition;
- His or her sex life; or
- The commission or alleged commission of any offence by the employee.
To hold sensitive personal data, the Company must additionally satisfy a sensitive data condition. The most appropriate condition for employment purposes is that the processing is necessary to enable Simply Beautiful Print to meet its legal obligations (for example, to ensure health and safety or to avoid unlawful discrimination).
Responsibility for the Processing of Personal Data
Aimee Davies is the Office Manager and Data Controller responsible for ensuring all personal data is controlled in compliance with GDPR May 2018.
Only the Managing Director and Office Manager have access to personal data. If any employees are to be given access to personal data as part of any HR responsibility, they must receive training and comply with the company’s Policy and adhere to the procedures laid down by the Data Controller. Failure to comply with the Policy and Procedures may result in disciplinary action up to and including summary dismissal.
Use of Personal Data
To ensure compliance GDPR and in the interests of privacy, employee confidence and good employee relations, the disclosure and use of information held by the Company is governed by the following conditions:
- Personal data must only be used for one or more of the purposes specified in this Policy;
- Company documents may only be used in accordance with the statement within each document stating its intended use; and
- Provided that the identification of individual employees is not disclosed, aggregate or statistical information may be used to respond to any legitimate internal or external requests for data (e.g., surveys, staffing level figures); and
- Personal data must not be disclosed, either within or outside the Company, to any unauthorised recipient.
Personal Data Held for Equal Opportunities Monitoring Purposes
Where personal data obtained about candidates is to be held for the purpose of equal opportunities monitoring, all such data must be made anonymous.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Personal data may only be disclosed outside the Company with the employee’s written consent, unless disclosure is required by law or where there is an immediate danger to the employee’s health.
Accuracy of Personal Data
The Company will review personal data regularly to ensure that it is accurate, relevant and up to date.
In order to ensure Simply Beautiful Print’s files are accurate and up to date, and so that Simply Beautiful Print is able to contact the employee or, in the case of an emergency, another designated person, employees must notify the Company as soon as possible of any change in their personal details (e.g., change of name, address; telephone number; loss of driving licence where relevant; next of kin details, etc).
Personnel update forms will be issued to all employees on an annual basis for the purposes of ensuring the data is up to date and accurate. Employees will be entitled to amend any incorrect details and these corrections will be made to all files held on Simply Beautiful Print’s information systems. In some cases, documentary evidence, e.g., qualification certificates, will be requested before any changes are made. Once completed, these records will be stored in the employee’s personnel file.
Access to Personal Data (“Subject Access Requests”)
Candidates and employees have the right to access personal data held about them. Simply Beautiful Print will arrange for you to see or hear all personal data held about you within 40 days of receipt of a written request. As is the maximum allowed by law, an administration charge of £10 may apply.
A full copy of the company’s GDPR policy can be found in the footer menu on every page of the website. This outlines the security measures that we take to protect your data.